Welcome to week five of the college baseball season, everyone. Just about all of the major conferences are into conference play now, and we’ll soon have a much clearer idea of who can be counted as national championship contenders.
Interestingly, even with conference matchups playing out all over the country, there are still a handful of quality non-conference series going on as well, and two such series are covered in this very podcast.
The five places we touch on this week are:
- Louisville at Miami- A clash between two teams expected to finish at or near the top of the ACC
- Arizona State at Oregon State- A west coast series between one team, Arizona State, positioning itself as a surprise Pac-12 contender and another, Oregon State, who we expected to be all along.
- Mississippi State at Vanderbilt- The best SEC series of the weekend. The Bulldogs are coming off of a big sweep of the Oregon Ducks, while Vanderbilt has quietly taken care of business all season.
- Iowa at Missouri State- An intra-conference midwest matchup pitting one team who has scuffled a bit in Iowa against a team in Missouri State that once again looks like a real contender in the MVC.
- Michigan at Oklahoma State- A three-game set between two teams who need to prove something. The Wolverines are looking to prove that they are ready to be the class of the Big Ten, while the Cowboys will be looking to prove that they are the top-ten team we thought they were and not the team that got off to a slow start this season.
Enjoy your college baseball weekend, everyone. Thanks for listening.