On this episode of the College Baseball Central Podcast, Joe Healy talks Delaware Blue Hens baseball with Kevin Tresolini of The News Journal.
The Blue Hens enjoyed some great success in 2017. They took advantage of a Colonial race that was left somewhat wide open thanks to College of Charleston going through another rebuilding season and UNC-Wilmington not living up to preseason expectations, and used that regular season success to help in working their way through the CAA Tournament field to capture the league’s automatic bid, earning them a trip to the Lubbock Regional.
Once in Lubbock, they exited after going 0-2, but in each game, against host Texas Tech and two-seed Arizona, they more than held their own. Now they’ll look to use that regional appearance as a springboard to becoming an annual contender in the CAA.
Among the topics discussed in this episode are:
- Kevin’s expectations for the 2017 Blue Hens heading into the season
- What made this team capable of making the run that they did in the CAA Tournament
- The 2017 MVP of the team
- The roster attrition the team will be facing heading into 2018
- How equipped the team will be to challenge for another regional berth in 2018
- The idea, based on this piece that Kevin wrote after the season, that this regional appearance will kickstart putting UD baseball back on the map regionally and nationally
Thanks for listening, everyone!