Another weekend of college baseball action is just around the corner, so let’s take a look at some of the best series around the nation.
There are five series covered in this episode, featuring teams from six conferences (no, that’s not a typo, one series is a non-conference matchup). They are:
- Notre Dame at Florida State- The Fighting Irish are suddenly right in the thick of the regional discussion with an RPI in the 30s, but with just a 1-6 mark against the RPI Top 25, they could use a marquee series win. The Seminoles, meanwhile, are looking to bounce back after dropping their series last weekend against Wake Forest.
- TCU at Oklahoma State- Certainly, a series win over the Frogs would go a long way toward putting the Cowboys’ struggles this season behind them. TCU has kind of flown under the radar what with the understandable attention being paid to Tech, but a road series win here would certainly turn heads.
- Rice at Southern Mississippi- Even with USM dropping their series last weekend to UAB, this is still the series of the season in Conference USA. With the league’s standing as a high-RPI league this season, there’s a good chance the conference champion will host a regional, and this series will go a long way toward figuring out who that is.
- Mississippi State at LSU- This series is a perfect example of who the SEC really beats each other up. Both of these teams have their eye on a host spot, and potentially a national seed, and yet, someone is going to lose this series.
- St. Mary’s at Washington- This is a big series for both teams, as it provides four quality RPI games. St. Mary’s has emerged as the favorite in the WCC, while UW looks poised to take advantage of a Pac-12 that is in a bit of disarray.