It’s the week of opening day in college baseball, and that, my friends, is a wonderful thing.
To help get you ready for the first pitch of action on Friday, we’ve got our first podcast of the 2017 season up and ready to go. In this episode, we’re talking all about our preseason top 25, which we released back in January. In this episode, we talk a little bit about each team that finds itself in our rankings, and then spend some time talking about the teams that just missed the cut this time around.
Among the specific topics touched upon are:
- Why TCU was a relatively easy choice for the top spot
- Why teams like Florida State, LSU, and Florida fell just short of TCU
- How Coastal Carolina could very well find itself back as a serious national title contender
- Why we’re perhaps a little bit bullish on Oklahoma State
- How Stanford can weather the storm even if Tristan Beck isn’t 100% healthy
- Why Nebraska is our pick as the best team in the Big Ten
- Which conference might quietly have the most exciting title race of all (hint: it’s a conference out west and it could be described as “big”
- What UNC-Wilmington has to do to get over the hump and get into a super regional for the first time.
Thanks for listening, everyone, and welcome to the 2017 season!