Last season, the Eagles won the Big South regular season title, and taking a wider view, they’ve won 34 or more games in two of the last three seasons under head coach Tom Riginos. That’s not bad, particularly considering that, prior to that, the program hadn’t won 30 or more games since 2009.
Now, the next step for the program is to get back into a regional for the first time since 2006. With plenty of talent returning to campus for the 2018 season, Winthrop will certainly have what it takes to make a serious run.
Among the topics discussed on this episode are:
- The catalyst behind the program’s improvement over the last several years
- The feeling around the team considering the great success in 2017 that led to a regular season title, but ended in disappointment with their elimination in the Big South Tournament
- Expectations for the 2018 season and the likelihood that they will repeat as league champs
- Players or position groups that seem particularly important for the team’s success in 2018
- Winthrop’s ability to take advantage of the power vacuum at the top of the Big South
Thanks for listening, everyone!