The Commodores made a run to a super regional in 2018, which, on its face, might not seem that noteworthy. Super regional appearances, after all, are more of the norm with this program. But it’s how they got there that makes it interesting. Leaning heavily on a group of precocious freshmen, there were some ups and downs through the campaign, but they played well heading down the stretch and in getting through the Clemson Regional. That success sets the team up well for a deep run in the postseason in 2019.
Among the topics discussed on this episode are:
- Whether or not there was any surprise in either the result or the path Vandy took to get to their result in 2018
- The impact the return of J.J. Bleday had on the team late in the season
- Which young players jumped off the page for Adam
- Whether or not there is a workhorse ace like we’ve seen so often at Vandy on this current roster
- Where Tim Corbin should feel most confident about his roster heading into the 2019 season
- MTSU’s potential as a winning program just down the road in Murfreesboro
- Nashville food recommendations
Thanks for listening, everyone!