The Seahawks, one of the most consistent mid-major teams in the country in recent years, enjoyed another successful season in 2018. After falling short of expectations in 2017 and missing out on a regional, they bounced back in a big way this past year and not only got into a regional after winning the CAA Tournament, but got all the way to the regional final of the Greenville Regional before being eliminated by South Carolina.
The future also looks plenty bright, as they bring back a number of key pieces from 2018 to lead another push for the postseason in 2019.
The topics discussed on this episode are:
- The unique circumstances under which pitching coach Matt Williams was relieved of his duties at the end of the season
- The team coming up short in 2017 leading to their push to get back into the postseason in 2018
- Balancing the successes of getting to a regional final with coming up just a couple of games short of getting into a super regional
- The feeling of confidence that it’s just a matter of time before the program does get through to a super regional
- How the roster is shaping up heading into the fall
- The origin story of Alex’s podcast, “The Beat and the Beard.”
- Wilmington food recommendations
Thanks for listening, everyone!