In 2018, the Trojans advanced to a regional for the first time under head coach Mark Smartt, and for the first time since 2013. Interestingly, there are several comparisons that could be drawn between the 2013 and 2018 teams, chief among them that each boasted a physical offense that put up runs in bunches.
Finding consistency and putting a regional-quality team on the field year-in and year-out is a tough act at a program that isn’t in one of the very top leagues in college baseball (with all due respect to a very good Sun Belt Conference), but that’s precisely what Troy is going to try to establish in the coming years.
The topics discussed on this episode are:
- The biggest catalysts for Troy’s 2018 success
- The next step for the program, now that they made it back to a regional
- The level of engagement from those who were a part of the 2013 team
- Troy’s baseball culture and how it compares to other non-SEC programs in the deep south
- The roster attrition after the 2018 season
- Key players for the team to enjoy a successful 2019 season
- Food recommendations for Troy
Thanks for listening!