The Volunteers showed some positive momentum in their first season under Tony Vitello. They missed out on the SEC Tournament on the last weekend of the regular season, but they did collect 12 SEC wins on the season, which ties the high-water mark for the program since 2007, the last season under former head coach Rod Delmonico, when the Vols won 13 SEC games. They also flashed big-time talent, particularly on the mound, with much of that talent set to return for a 2019 season that could end in the program’s first regional appearance since 2005 if things break right.
Among the topics discussed on this episode are:
- The words David would use to classify the 2018 season
- The biggest signs of forward momentum for the program in year one of the Vitello era
- The primary roadblock to Tennessee becoming a power in the SEC once again
- How holdover Dave Serrano recruits and newer Vitello recruits mix on the roster
- How the 2019 roster shapes up ahead of fall practice
- The surplus of pitching available for the three weekend rotation spots
- Knoxville and Chattanooga food recommendations
Thanks for listening, everyone!