The former had a banner season in 2018. Led by a lights-out pitching staff, the Hatters ran through the Atlantic Sun Conference on the way to hosting a regional for the first time in program history. And once they got on that stage, they cruised through the regional before falling short in the Chapel Hill Super Regional. They’ll look to build on that success in 2019.
The Wildcats, meanwhile, had a tough 2018 after coming into the season riding high off of a regional final appearance in 2017. They simply never seemed to get on track, and their hopes of recreating 2017’s magic were dashed before they really had time to take off. They’ll head into 2019 under the leadership of a new head coach in Jonathan Hernandez, looking to get back on track.
Among the topics discussed on this episode are:
- The point at which Zach realized this Stetson team was special
- The dominance of the Hatters’ pitching staff
- Pete Dunn’s feelings on a program he built taking off the way it did in 2018
- The feeling on whether 2018 was the pinnacle or the start of something bigger for Stetson
- The 2019 Hatters roster
- What stumbling blocks BCU hit that kept them from living up to expectation in 2018
- What to expect from Jonathan Hernandez as head coach
- The level of expectation that 2019 will be a bounce back year
- Local food recommendations
Thanks for listening!