The 2019 season is going to be quite different for the Owls, if for no other reason than they will have a head coach other than Wayne Graham for the first time in a very long time. The legendary coach’s run at Rice ended at the end of last season, with Matt Bragga taking over as head coach after leading his Tennessee Tech team to the Austin Super Regional in 2018.
Rice missed out on the postseason last year for the first time since 1994, but that doesn’t mean that Bragga will begin his tenure with a bare cupboard. The Owls have an intriguing collection of talent on campus, including a rotation led by an elite pitching prospect in Matt Canterino and a position player group led by Braden Comeaux, who has garnered a fair share of buzz in his own right.
Among the topics discussed on this episode are:
- How strange it will be to see someone other than Wayne Graham in the dugout
- Coach Graham stories
- The playing style that we should expect to see from a Matt Bragga-coached Rice team
- Where Bragga should have the most confidence in his team heading into 2019
- Next season’s potential breakout stars
- What will have to go Rice’s way for the team to be back in the postseason mix right away
- Houston food recommendations
Thanks for listening, everyone!