For the second year in a row, the conversation around this program is about better than expected results. This time last year, it was about the Boilermakers getting into the Big Ten Tournament. This year, you can replace the Big Ten Tournament with a regional and have a similar conversation. Under head coach Mark Wasikowski, Purdue continues to be ahead of where most would have assumed they’d be at this point in time.
The topics on this episode include:
- The recent breaking news that Gareth Stroh and Evan Warden are leaving the program
- The single most impressive aspect of Mark Wasikowski’s first two years at the helm
- The breakneck playing style Purdue employed in 2018 and how much fun it was to watch as a neutral observer
- The coaching turnover that saw Steve Holm and Wally Crancer leave for Illinois State and Elliott Cribby and Cooper Fouts come to West Lafayette
- How the team’s success has changed the level of interest in baseball at Purdue
- The areas of the roster where the coaching staff should have the most confidence heading into 2019
- Food recommendations for the West Lafayette area
Thanks for listening, everyone!