In this episode of the College Baseball Central Podcast, Joe Healy is joined by Dekota Gregory of OColly.com and the Tulsa World to discuss Oklahoma State and Oral Roberts baseball.
It was a difficult regular season for OSU, right up until they came alive in time to win the Bedlam series against Oklahoma and then roll right through the Big 12 tournament to capture the league’s automatic bid into a regional. For Oral Roberts, it was business as usual. They enjoyed a dominant season in the Summit League and rolled through the conference tournament to find themselves in a regional once again. The only certainties in life are, in fact, death, taxes, and Oral Roberts playing in a regional in June.
Among the topics covered on this edition of the show are:
- The events that led OSU to their disappointing regular season
- What changed that allowed them to finish strong and get into a regional after all
- The roster attrition the Cowboys will face heading into 2018
- Breakout candidates for OSU next season
- The movement (or lack thereof) for facility improvements in Stillwater
- ORU’s unfaltering dominance in the Summit League
- How their talent level compares to teams in bigger leagues
- How the ORU program is supported locally
- What to expect from the Golden Eagles in 2018, outside of another Summit League title
Thanks for listening, everyone!