The Aggies are coming off of the most successful season in program history, as they went 32-25 with a 16-8 record in MEAC play and won the league’s automatic bid into the field of 64. Disappointed that they didn’t play their best baseball to end the season, the Aggies will look to match their success in 2019 with some key holdovers from last year’s team still in the fold.
UNC-Greensboro enjoyed an outstanding regular season, going 39-15 with an 18-3 mark in Southern Conference competition, but come conference tournament time, they were eliminated short of winning the automatic bid and their metrics just simply weren’t good enough to get them into serious at-large contention. Even though they missed the postseason in 2018, the program is on a roll under head coach Link Jarrett and will look to keep that going in 2019.
Among the topics discussed on this episode are:
- How North Carolina A&T’s outstanding 2018 season came to be
- The disappointment the Aggies felt after they failed to play their best baseball in the Chapel Hill Regional
- The confidence that A&T will be back in the mix for the MEAC auto bid in 2019
- Just how good the 2018 UNC-Greensboro team was, even if the season did not end in a regional appearance
- What made UNCG outfielder Andrew Moritz so special
- Whether or not the Spartans can continue this run of form in 2019
- Greensboro food recommendations
Thanks for listening, everyone!