If that program doesn’t quite ring a bell to you, it probably has something to do with the fact that, up until the the lead up to the 2019 season, they’ve been a Division II program. Now, they’re making the move up as part of the Atlantic Sun Conference. Going up to Division I is a tough move that has been met with mixed success by those programs that have attempted it in recent years, and jumping into a competitive A-Sun headlined by Stetson, Jacksonville, and Florida Gulf Coast, and now featuring Liberty, won’t make life any easier. But UNA has been a solid DII program for a long time, and that should provide a foundation they can use to push them up to the next level.
Among the topics discussed on this episode are:
- The off-the-field ways in which UNA is most ready for the Division I level
- A rundown of the program’s recent history in DII
- How much resistance there was to the move to Division I
- Expectations for UNA’s ability to compete in the A-Sun quickly
- How one would define the program’s playing style
- Names to know for the 2019 season
- Florence food recommendations
Thanks for listening, everyone!