The Cornhuskers are coming off of a tough 2018 season. Thanks to injuries, particularly on the mound, and some disappointing seasons from some others, after enjoying some highlights early on in the season, they just never quite got on track when Big Ten play rolled around. As a result, they found themselves not only on the outside looking in when it comes to the regional conversation, but also on the outside looking in for the Big Ten Tournament.
While the Huskers might not have been a team expected to perform among the elite in the conference in 2018, like Minnesota and Indiana, few would have predicted missing out on finishing inside the top eight within the league. In 2019, Darin Erstad and his staff will look to get things headed back in the right direction.
Among the topics discussed on this episode are:
- Where the team tripped up in 2018
- The status of the pitchers who fell victim to injuries
- The possibility that graduated slugger Scott Schreiber was among the most underrated players in the country
- A look ahead to the 2019 roster
- The expectation of a bounce back season from Angelo Altavilla
- Evan’s recent piece on attendance at the Big Ten Tournament in Omaha
- Lincoln/Omaha food recommendations
Thanks for listening!