On this episode of the College Baseball Central Podcast, Joe Healy covers a veritable smorgasbord of national college baseball topics with Mike Rooney, who you know from ESPN television, his written coverage for Perfect Game, and from his infectious enthusiasm for college baseball on Twitter.
Rooney has been involved in college baseball from all angles. He was a player at Notre Dame, served as a coach at both the junior college and Division I levels, the latter with Arizona State, and more recently, has served as an analyst with ESPN, among other broadcast outlets, a radio host on Sirius XM, and as a contributor to Perfect Game’s college coverage.
Among the topics discussed on this episode are:
- What it’s like to watch the Philadelphia Eagles in the Super Bowl with Mike, a noted Eagles fanatic
- The buzz around the ABCA convention and what’s on the mind of coaches in the sport
- The teams that Mike is most interested in watching for the 2018 season
- Miami’s place within the top ten of Perfect Game’s preseason rankings, coming off of a tough season for the program
- The biggest ranking disagreements among the PG staff during the process of putting together the preseason top 25
- Mike’s thoughts on which conference stands out as the best in college baseball
- New coaches that stand out among all of the new hires
- The series that Mike is most intrigued by over opening weekend
Thanks for listening, everyone!