The 2018 season was a bit of a roller coaster for the Wolverines. After an 8-3 loss to Lawrence Tech, an NAIA program, on March 14, they were 4-11 on the season and it looked for all the world like it would be a true rebuilding season in Ann Arbor. But immediately after that loss, they went on a 20-game winning streak, which put them firmly back in the postseason mix after those hopes appeared to be dashed just six weeks prior.
Just when it looked like they had zeroed in on a regional appearance, the Wolverines slowed down against the tougher portion of their Big Ten slate and ultimately missed out on the postseason when it was all said and done.
In 2019, with much of that core returning, Michigan now looks like a team poised to challenge for the Big Ten title once again.
Among the topics discussed on this episode are:
- How to characterize Michigan’s 2018 season
- The catalysts behind Michigan turning things around in mid-March
- Who Jacob had the most fun watching develop over the course of the season
- How the disappointment of missing out on a regional in 2018 could serve as a springboard into the 2019 season
- Candidates to take a step forward in 2019
- Ann Arbor food recommendations
Thanks for listening, everyone!