On this episode of the College Baseball Central Podcast, Joe Healy is joined by Danny Shapiro of the Beaumont Enterprise, a three-time guest on the show, to talk Lamar Cardinals baseball, among other topics, including the piece Danny did back in April on the college baseball recruiting process through the eyes of some players in southeast Texas, some Phoenix-area sports icons, and Arizona Diamondbacks trivia, which puts Danny on the spot.
The full topic list for this edition is as follows:
- What Danny set out to learn when he put pen to paper on the college baseball recruiting story
- The biggest eye-openers for Danny when writing the recruiting story
- The ebb and flow of the rebuilding process at Lamar under Will Davis and how the tough 2018 season, which saw Lamar finish outside the top eight in the Southland Conference, fits into that picture
- The biggest reasons for optimism heading into 2019, considering the momentum that Lamar built up over the second half of the 2018 season
- How tough life is in the current iteration of the Southland Conference, where the difference in finishing in the top four in the conference and finishing outside the top eight is incredibly small
- Expectations heading into the 2019 season when you consider that the middle class of the Southland is as competitive as ever
- Danny’s prediction for the World Cup final between France and Croatia
- Iconic athletes in Phoenix-area sports history
- Spur-of-the-moment Arizona Diamondbacks trivia
Thanks for listening, everyone!