On this episode of the College Baseball Central Podcast, Joe Healy is joined by Derek Terry to talk Kentucky baseball. The Wildcats came into the 2018 season with high expectations, but after a quick start to the season, injuries and inconsistency led to a disappointing finish to the season. When it was all said and done, a 13-17 record in SEC play, in large part due to series losses to Alabama and Tennessee, was likely the biggest factor in UK being left out of a regional on Selection Monday. Still, with Nick Mingione at the helm and a new stadium on the way, there is ample buzz around the program.
Among the topics discussed on this episode are:
- How Derek would classify the 2018 season, given some of the ups and downs and the team’s omission from the postseason
- Whether or not the tough 2018 season will represent simply a one-year blip on the radar
- With a highly-regarded head coach in charge and a new stadium being built, how much buzz still surrounds the program
- The fall games that Kentucky has coming up with Xavier and Michigan
- The top position battles to watch during fall practice
- What has to go right for UK to be back in position to get into a regional in 2019
- Lexington food recommendations
Thanks for listening, everyone!