There’s certainly plenty to talk about with this program. Heading to Mississippi State is former IU head coach Chris Lemonis. While Tracy Smith really got the ball rolling during his tenure in Bloomington, Lemonis did an outstanding job of keeping the momentum going by leading the Hoosiers to three regional appearances in four seasons.
Most recently, he led the Hoosiers to a 40-win season and an appearance in a regional final in 2018. It was another solid season, and Jeff Mercer, as the incoming head coach, will have some big shoes to fill as he takes over a winning program with an expectation to be in the mix for a regional appearance each and every year.
Among the topics discussed are:
- Chris Lemonis’s legacy as Indiana’s head coach
- The reaction to Jeff Mercer as the program’s new head coach
- Scott Rolen’s role as Director of Player Development
- How the 2018 team performed in relation to expectations coming into the season
- Which loss from the 2018 roster will hurt the most for the 2019 season
- Position battles to watch heading into fall practice
- Early expectations for the 2019 season
- Bloomington food recommendations
Thanks for listening, everyone!