It was a tough 2018 season to summarize for Georgia Tech. On one hand, given their history, any season that doesn’t end in a postseason appearance is a little bit disappointing for the program. On the other hand, there were still plenty of highlights. For one, catcher Joey Bart wrapped up his outstanding career in Atlanta by being taken second overall by the San Francisco Giants. And as far as the future is concerned, several talented young players in key roles showed well in their debuts in 2018, giving fans of the program plenty to be excited about for 2019 and beyond.
Among the topics discussed on this episode are:
- In his assessment of the season, how Wiley balances the disappointment of missing out on a regional with the excitement of seeing a number of young players break through
- The part of Joey Bart’s game that was most fun to watch develop
- Whose performance in 2018 has Wiley most excited for the 2019 season
- The chance that the 2019 team is more pitching-oriented than we’ve previously seen at Georgia Tech
- The biggest challenges in doing play-by-play
- Atlanta food recommendations
Thanks for listening, everyone!