The Broncos won’t actually take the field until the 2020 season, but there is still plenty going on around the program. Head coach Gary Van Tol has a full assistant coaching staff, stadium plans are coming along, the schedule for the 2020 season, including the team’s home-opening series, is close to being finalized, and he already has a good portion of his first roster on campus and getting ready for the team’s first practices.
Among the topics discussed on this episode are:
- Boise State’s assistant coaches and what each will bring to the table
- How the stadium project is coming along and the ever-increasing possibility that the turf on the field will be blue, to match the famous turf at the football stadium
- The factors that led to Gary Van Tol bringing in a 2018 recruiting class of 12 players
- Any surprise about how quickly things have taken off within the program
- B.J.’s level of confidence that the weather will be warm enough for baseball in late-February 2020, when BSU will open their home schedule
- Boise food recommendations
Thanks for listening!