The Razorbacks enjoyed a fantastic 2018 season. They were outstanding during the regular season, went 5-1 in advancing through a home regional and super regional, and then looked like the best team in Omaha through the first week of competition. But, of course, national championship hopes were dashed in crushing fashion, as Oregon State rallied back to win game two of the championship series and then took game three behind the work of Kevin Abel on the mound.
Now, the Razorbacks turn their sights to 2019 and hope to use those tough losses to fuel another deep run in the postseason. They do have some roster turnover to speak of, particularly at the front of the weekend rotation and on the infield, but they return some key pieces and you can bet on some new faces stepping into big roles right away.
Among the topics discussed on this episode are:
- How the foul pop in game two of the championship series was a foreboding sign of things to come
- How the team and coaching staff have processed those losses in the CWS and are using them to move forward
- The most important factors that led to Arkansas enjoying such a successful 2018 overall
- How the team fared in terms of the draft and transfers
- New faces to watch as the team takes the field in 2019
- The most important position battles for the 2019 team’s success
- Fayetteville food recommendations
Thanks for listening, everyone!