On this episode of the College Baseball Central Podcast, Joe Healy and Scott Stone recap an outstanding championship series between Arkansas and Oregon State, the latter of which won the series two games to one.
Among the topics discussed are:
- What made this, in particular, a blockbuster final series
- The obvious turning point in the series, the foul pop that dropped safely in foul territory when Arkansas was one out away from winning a national title, and the inevitability of Cadyn Grenier coming through with the big hit after being given that second chance
- Oregon State getting it done despite not getting great outings from Luke Heimlich and Bryce Fehmel
- The CWS as a microcosm of Oregon State’s entire season
- The impressive outings from Blaine Knight, Barrett Loseke, and Matt Cronin that led the Razorbacks to a game one win
- The dominance from the Oregon State bullpen, led by Christian Chamberlain, Brandon Eisert, and Jake Mulholland, a trio that will return to Corvallis in 2019
- The gem of a game thrown by freshman Kevin Abel in game three, and the heavy workload it took to get him there
- What Joe and Scott will remember most from this edition of the College World Series
Thanks for listening, everyone!