Our second edition of the “Five Places I Want to Be” weekly podcast is fresh off the assembly line and ready for your listening pleasure.
This week was a tough week to narrow down to five places because the schedule is absolutely loaded. In addition to great tournaments taking place in Houston and San Diego, there will be a number of marquee series going on. Truthfully, I could have listed 12 or 15 places this time around; that’s how packed the schedule is.
Ultimately I settled on the following five places, which are all discussed at length in the episode:
- Shriner’s Hospitals for Children College Classic in Houston, TX (Houston, Rice, ULL, TCU, Texas Tech, Arkansas)
- Tony Gwynn Classic in San Diego, CA (San Diego, San Diego State, Bryant, Kentucky, UC- Santa Barbara, Nebraska, Tulane, Arizona)
- Florida at Miami in Coral Gables, FL
- Oklahoma State at North Carolina in Chapel Hill, NC
- Louisville at Mississippi in Oxford, MS
Because there was so much to choose from, I also touched on several honorable mention selections: College of Charleston/Florida State, Stanford/Texas, Indiana/Cal State Fullerton, Wake Forest/USC, East Carolina/Virginia, Wright State/North Carolina State, North Dakota/Alabama, and Oral Roberts/Dallas Baptist.
The first few weeks of this podcast have been a great success, and we are looking forward to continuing to grow it as the season goes on. Thanks for listening, as always.