STILLWATER, Okla. – No. 25 Oklahoma State Cowboys’ junior second baseman Tim Arakawa dug into the box with two outs and two runners on base in the bottom of the ninth inning against the TCU Horned Frogs Saturday and ripped a 2-and-0 pitch to center field scoring Gage Green (Jr., C) for the game winning run.
Arakawa’s walk-off hit was his only hit of the day and it tied the series at a game a piece, setting the stage for a rubber match on Sunday.
Donnie Walton (So., SS) went 2-for-4 on the day with the game-tying RBI with a single in the third inning that scored senior third baseman Craig McConaughy who had led off the third with a single.
TCU send Tyler Alexander to the bump to face Oklahoma State’s Garrett Williams in a battle of freshman southpaws for the rubber match.
Big 12 Baseball Scores
No. 25 Oklahoma State 2, TCU 1
- Series tied at 1-1
- OSU – Brendan McCurry (W, 5-0) 1.0 IP
- TCU – Alex Young (L, 1-2) 3.0 IP, 2 H, ER, BB, 3 K
- OSU – Derek Odell 3-for-4, 2B, R
- TCU – Donnie Walton 2-for-4, RBI
- Sunday’s Match-up: TCU – Freshman lefty Tyler Alexander (3-2, 2.94 ERA, 4 BB, 20 K); OSU – Freshman southpaw Garrett Williams (2-0, 1.86 ERA, 11 BB, 21 K)
Oklahoma 2, Kansas 1
LAWRENCE, Kan. – The University of Oklahoma baseball team picked up its second straight 2-1 win at Kansas. The Sooners improved to 20-8 overall and 4-1 in the Big 12, having won each of their first two league series, while the Jayhawks dropped to 17-10 and 2-3.
- Oklahoma clinches series and leads 2-0
- OU – Adam Choplick (W, 3-1) 5.2 IP, 4 H, 2 BB, 6 K
- KU – Robert Kahana (L, 1-4) 6.1 IP, 6 H, 2 ER, 2 BB
- OU – Anthony Hermelyn 2-for-4, 2B, R
- KU – Justin Protacio 2-for 4, R, SB
- Sunday’s Match-up: OU – Freshman righty Jake Elliott (2-3, 3.57 ERA); KU – Senior right-hander Frank Duncan (2-1, 1.79 ERA)
Kansas State 8, Creighton 5
OMAHA, Neb. – Kansas State got 11 hits and eight runs from its offense and three no-hit innings from freshman reliever Ethan Landon, to beat Creighton for an 8-5 win on Saturday at TD Ameritrade Park.
- Series split 1-1
- KSU – Jared Moore (W, 5-1) 5.0 IP, 6 H, 5 ER, 3 BB, 2 K
- KSU – Ross Kivett 2-for-5, 2B, 2 R, SB
- KSU – RJ Santigate 3-for-4, BB, R, 2 RBI, SB
- KSU – Tanner DeVinny 2-for-3, BB, SF, 3 RBI, SB
- KSU – Austin Fisher 2-for-2, 2 BB, 2 R, RBI
- Sunday’s Match-up: KSU – right-hander Nate Griep (2-0, 1.42 ERA); CU – TBA